MD Anderson Events
"Yoga for Couples" at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston
Led by: Smitha Mallaiah, mind/body intervention specialist, Integrative Medicine
"Yoga for Couples: Strengthening Relationships"
Love is in the air in February! This special program is for you and a significant other, family member, or friend to come together and learn about strengthening relationships of all kinds! The event opens with a brief introduction to the philosophy and practice of meditation, Bhakti (highest form of love), and physical yogic postures. Then, presenters and partners Smitha Mallaiah and Vishwa Nanjundappa lead a session of couple’s yoga practice, focusing on creating healthy relationships and using yoga to facilitate happiness and support between partners.
Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing and to bring yoga mats.
This presentation is part of an MD Anderson-sponsored series dedicated to health and wellness at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
This program is free! Drop in to participate. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Date: 2/16/17, 6:30pm to 8pm
Time: 2/16/17, 6:30pm to 8pm
Location: MFAH Beck Building, 5601 Main Street
Directions: Take the elevator to the mezzanine level; follow signs to the presentation.
Format: Community Event
Contact: Laura Dandridge - (713) 745-4647 - email@example.com
- "Care 4 the Caregiver" Support Group
- PIKNIC: Understanding and maximizing cognitive function as a cancer survivor
- MD Anderson @ The Shell Houston Open
- Well Wives Support Group
- FOOTLOOSE - myCancerConnection Day Away Program
- Relay for LIfe Katy/ West Houston
- Relay for Life Greater Fort Bend
- 15th Annual Run for the Rose
- PIKNIC - Overcoming fatigue during your cancer journey
- PIKNIC - Finding the inner link to healing