MD Anderson Events
HPV & Cervical Cancer Summit
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
8:00am – 6:00pm
United Way of Greater Houston
50 Waugh Drive, Houston, TX 77007
We cordially invite:
- Cervical Cancer Survivors
- Public Health and Medical Professionals
- Community Health Workers
- Certified Health Education Specialists
- Medical, Nursing, & Allied Health Students
Topics will include an overview of the Texas Women's Health Program, an update of current screening guidelines, HPV-related diseases in females and males, building a cervical cancer survivorship coalition, community interventions, survivor stories, and several targeted breakout sessions.
Conference fee: $25 Early Registration, $35 Late Registration, plus a $2.50 administrative fee. Cancer survivors are invited to attend for FREE. There will be no walk-in registrations available.
Date: 1/22/14, 8am to 6pm
Time: 1/22/14, 8am to 6pm
Location: United Way of Houston, 50 Waugh Drive, Houston, TX 77007
CME: CHW CEUs, CNE, CME, CHES
Contact: Melissa Mims - firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Agenda.pdf (PDF, 955 KB)
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - “Genetic and nongenetic determinants of single-cell programs in human gliomas”
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar "Regulation of Enhancer Overactivation by a Protein Complex Containing RACK7/ZMYND8 and KDM5C"
- Annual Postdoctoral Science Symposium
- Dr. Mina Bissell: Why don’t we get more cancer: The critical role of Extracellular Matrix and Microenvironment in metastasis and dormancy
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series "Mitochondria and Metal-Induced Oxidative Stress at the Center of Alzheimer Disease"
- Updates in Palliative Care and Physician Board Review Course
- New Immune Checkpoints, New Cancer Immunotherapies
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing and Ownership