MD Anderson Events
Respiratory Care Week
Respiratory Therapists Enter the Spotlight During National Respiratory Care Week, October 19 – 25, 2014
People who are lucky enough to take breathing for granted may have never even heard of a “Respiratory Therapist.” But for those with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, and other conditions, Respiratory Therapists, or “RTs,” as they are known for short, are the key to breathing easier.
Respiratory Therapists at the institution provide aerosolized medication treatments, manage mechanical ventilators in the ICU, provide lung expansion therapy and many more services. They also spend time educating patients about their lung conditions and the medications used to treat them. As experts in lung health, they team with other disciplines to develop the best plan of care for their patients.
National Respiratory Care Week, October 19-25, 2014 is sponsored by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC). This is a great time for everyone to learn more about these vital healthcare professionals. On Monday, October 20, 2014, the Department of Respiratory Care will be in The Park from 10am – 2pm. All employees and visitors are invited to stop by and learn more about the role RTs play here at MD Anderson Cancer Center. RTs will be available to answer questions about lung health and provide educational material covering a range of topics, including smoking cessation programs that are available in our institution.
Date: 10/19/14 to 10/25/14
Time: 10/19/14, 12am to 10/25/14, 12am
Location: Main Hospital Building, Purple Basement, PB.3144
Format: All Employee Meeting
Contact: Vandita Joshi - (713) 745-2056 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization for Women: Developing a Vision Board with Karen Mooney “Part 2: Awaken Your Possibilities: How to Invest in the Alignment of Your Life”
- WEBINAR: Embase - Reviewing the Literature Beyond Medline
- CSI Lecture: Regulation, Role and Therapeutic Targeting of AMPK in Prostate Cancer by Daniel E. Frigo, Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang