MD Anderson Events
ACE Lecture Series: "Improving Communication in Cancer Care - The Patient’s Perspective"
I*CARE Interpersonal Communication and Relationship Enhancement Presents - Achieving Communication Excellence (ACE) Lecture Series: "Improving Communication in Cancer Care - The Patient’s Perspective"
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center also requires that all faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
"The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
To earn nursing CE and receive a certificate participants must:
1. Sign the nursing sign-in sheet at the registration desk
2. Stay for the entire program
3. Turn in your completed evaluation at the nursing registration desk to receive your certificate of successful completion.
The CE awarded for this program is 1.00 contact hours.
Social Work CEU
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Department of Social Work is an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider # 4607. This program is approved for .1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Risk Management Education RME
All physicians and dentists (faculty, fellows, and residents) covered by the UT System Professional Medical Liability Benefit plan are required to complete five (5) hours of Risk Management Education (RME) each year as a condition of coverage. The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Qualifies this live activity for 1 hour of Risk Management Education Credit.
Dietitians may e-mail email@example.com for a certificate of attendance.
Date: 12/5/13, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 12/5/13, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
CME: 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Speaker: Sally Thorne, RN, PhD, FAAN, FCAHS
Speaker Bio: Editor-in-Chief, Nursing Inquiry Professor, School of Nursing Associate Dean, Faculty of Applied Science University of British Columbia
Contact: Jason Martinez - (713) 563-1484 - firstname.lastname@example.org
ICARE_Thorne_Dec2013_Poster NEW.pdf (PDF, 4.2 MB)
- Rockstar Productivity: Get (Most of) It Done
- John H. Blaffer Lecture Series
- Lecture in Cancer Biology on "Shedding Light on Metastatic Dormancy and Reactivation through Forward Genetics"
- Organizing Expo and Trade Show
- John H. Blaffer Lecture Series
- Center for Cancer Epigenetics Distinguished Lecture
- Integrative Medicine Program Lecture Series
- ACE Lecture Series: Discussing Prognosis: Making a Difficult Task Manageable
- Distinguished Alumnus Award and Lecture
- Distinguished Lecture in Cancer Biology
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies