MD Anderson Events
Cheves Smyth Distinguished Lecture
Date: 3/6/14, 4pm to 5pm
Time: 3/6/14, 4pm to 5pm
Location: UT Health Medical School Building, Room 3.001
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker Bio: Dr. Gutiérrez is a Mexican scholar trained in France in geriatric medicine and the biology of aging; he received his Ph.D. in Public Health from the University of Bordeaux in 2005. He has served on the faculty of the National University of Mexico School of Medicine, since 1994 as head of the geriatric medicine specialty program. He founded the Department of Geriatrics at the National Institute of Medical Sciences in 1989 and was its Head until January 2009. He is presently Director General of the National Institute of Geriatrics in Mexico. Dr. Gutierrez’s research agenda focuses on the epidemiology of aging and more specifically on frailty and dementia and the interface between both conditions. He has served in various national and global committees including the Advisory Committee at the International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics, and the Pan American Health Organization; and in the editorial boards of several specialty journals. He is a founder member of the Latin American Academy for the Medicine of Ageing (ALMA), and serves the profession in multiple forms including as member of review study sections of the Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología. He has more than 200 publications among books and scientific papers.
Contact: Kimberly Campbell - (713) 500-5605 - email@example.com
Invitation Miguel Gutierrez-Robledo.pdf (PDF, 107 KB)
- Russian Blue Diamond Jewelry Show
- $6.00 Jewelry Sale
- Bootcamp of the MInd, Body & Spirit: Stress Management 101 - Tips for Tough Times
- 2016 Outstanding Research Publication Awards Presentation
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- ERO Special Seminar - Chao Lu, Faculty candidate
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer Distinguished Lecture Series
- Advances in Oncology: Institutional Grand Rounds