MD Anderson Events
Free Oral Cancer Screening Exams
MD Anderson will offer free oral cancer screening exams to the public on Friday, April 25. Doctors will do a clinical examination of the mouth to check for oral cancers.
These exams will be offered to the first 200 people. Appointments are not available and screening exams are offered first come, first served.
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month, says the American Institute for Cancer Research. According to the American Cancer Society, more than 40,000 Americans are diagnosed with oral cancers each year, and more than 7,000 people die from these cancers.
Along with offering a wide range of screening and early detection services, MD Anderson’s Cancer Prevention Center offers personalized risk-reduction strategies and prevention programs.
Date: 4/25/14, 10am to 3pm
Time: 4/25/14, 10am to 3pm
Location: Duncan Building, Floor 2, Cancer Prevention Center, 1155 Pressler Street
Directions: Parking From Holcombe Boulevard, turn south on Bertner Entrance 5 and enter the parking garage on your right. Take the parking ga¬rage elevator to the 2nd floor and follow the signs to the Cancer Prevention Center. Parking rates vary depending on length of stay ($10 maximum). Payment can be made by cash or credit card.
Format: Community Event
Contact: Norma Benavides - (713) 563-7666 - firstname.lastname@example.org
OralCancerScreeningFlier_2014.pdf (PDF, 93 KB)
- myCancerConnection PIKNIC- A cancer survivor's guide to sun safety and skin cancer
- Run for Wellness
- Art and Body Image Children Class
- Art and Body Image Teen Class
- Early Age Onset Colorectal Cancer Education Symposium
- 2016 AIM for the CURE Melanoma Walk and Fun Run
- World Sepsis Awareness Day - Public Awareness Event
- Love Your Body Day 2016 Patient Health Fair and Fashion Show
- Love Your Body Day 2016
- Boot Walk to End Cancer ™