MD Anderson Events
Friends of Integrative Medicine Present Roshi Joan Halifax, PhD
"Compassion: The Heart of Healthcare"
Why is compassion important? Known for her extensive work with the terminally ill, Roshi Joan Halifax shares what she's learned about compassion in the face of death and dying. Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to hear Dr. Halifax in person.
Date: 12/16/13, 6pm to 7:30pm
Time: 12/16/13, 6pm to 7:30pm
Location: South Campus Research Building 1, Conference Room
Directions: Enter parking lot from Old Spanish Trail, between Fannin and Bertner. Go straight, and the surface parking lot will be on your left. The event will be held in the building on your right.
Speaker: Joan Halifax
Speaker Bio: Joan Halifax, PhD Abbot and Head Teacher Upaya Zen Center Santa Fe, New Mexico
Sponsor: Public Education
Contact: Kira Taniguchi - 54764 - firstname.lastname@example.org
FIM_Joan Halifax Flier.pdf (PDF, 829 KB)
- Oncologic Emergency Medicine Education Series
- Oncology Science and Practice Forum
- Center for Cancer Epigenetics Distinguished Lecture Series
- Division of Diagnostic Imaging DIRSS: Research Seminar Series
- Division of Diagnostic Imaging Research Seminar Series (DIRSS)
- Integrative Medicine Program Lecture Series
- John H. Blaffer Lecture Series
- 2017 Alando J. Ballantyne Distinguished Lectureship