MD Anderson Events
Friends of Integrative Medicine Present Roshi Joan Halifax, PhD
"Compassion: The Heart of Healthcare"
Why is compassion important? Known for her extensive work with the terminally ill, Roshi Joan Halifax shares what she's learned about compassion in the face of death and dying. Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to hear Dr. Halifax in person.
Date: 12/16/13, 6pm to 7:30pm
Time: 12/16/13, 6pm to 7:30pm
Location: South Campus Research Building 1, Conference Room
Directions: Enter parking lot from Old Spanish Trail, between Fannin and Bertner. Go straight, and the surface parking lot will be on your left. The event will be held in the building on your right.
Speaker: Joan Halifax
Speaker Bio: Joan Halifax, PhD Abbot and Head Teacher Upaya Zen Center Santa Fe, New Mexico
Sponsor: Public Education
Contact: Kira Taniguchi - 54764 - firstname.lastname@example.org
FIM_Joan Halifax Flier.pdf (PDF, 829 KB)
- Integrative Medicine Program Special Event
- Arts in Medicine presents "The Space Suit Project" at MFAH
- Clinical Cancer Prevention Lecture Series: "Breast Cancer Prevention in the Era of Precision Medicine" - Powel Brown, MD, PhD
- John H. Blaffer Lecture Series
- Oncology Science and Practice Forum
- Provosts' Distinguished Lecture Series - Prof. Dr. Lars Zender
- Cancer Biology Special Seminar
- Mike Hogg Award & Lecture | 2016
- Integrative Medicine Program Lecture Series
- Education Week 2016 Keynote Address: Rebecca Richards-Kortum, Ph.D., and Kathleen Schmeler, M.D.