MD Anderson Events
Respiratory Care Week
Respiratory Therapists Enter the Spotlight During National Respiratory Care Week, October 20-October 26, 2013
People who are lucky enough to take breathing for granted may have never even heard of a Respiratory Therapist. But for those with asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, cystic fibrosis, and other conditions, “RTs,”as they Respiratory Therapists are known for short, are key to breathing easier.
Respiratory Therapists at our institution can be found providing aerosolized medication treatments, managing mechanical ventilators in the ICU, and providing lung expansion therapy. Along with a list of other services, RTs also spend time educating patients about their lung conditions and the medications used to treat them. As experts in lung health, they team with other disciplines to develop the best plan of care for their patients.
National Respiratory Care Week, October 20 - 26th, 203, is sponsored by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC). This is a great time for everyone to learn more about these vital healthcare professionals.
Date: 10/20/13 to 10/26/13
Time: 10/20/13, 12am to 10/26/13, 12am
Location: Main Hospital Building, Purple Basement, PB.3144
Format: All Employee Meeting
Contact: Vandita Joshi - email@example.com
- Lavish Linens
- Gina's Accessories
- Bootcamp of the Mind, Body and Spirit: The 7 Habits of Highly Healthy People
- Everything rises or falls with leadership
- "Picture your Retirement" at the One-Stop-Shop Retirement Planning Event @ Main Hospital
- ERO Seminar Series - Wenyi Wei
- Halo House Foundation 5K and 1K runs for Adults & Children
- Sprint for Life 2016
- Clinical Research-OneConnect Town Hall
- Achieving Communication Excellence (ACE) Lecture Series