MD Anderson Events
The Relationship Between Science and Technology
MAGING PHYSICS SEMINAR
Date: 3/3/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 3/3/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: FCT3.5001 ‐ Pickens Academic Tower
Speaker: Thomas “Rock” Mackie, PhD
Speaker Bio: Dr. Mackie's career has been focused on planning and delivery of radiation therapy to cancer patients. His group developed the 3-D treatment planning system that became the Philips Pinnacle treatment planning system, the most widely used radiation therapy treatment planning system in the world. His group was also the developer of tomotherapy, which is the marriage of a linac and a CT scanner. More recently, Rock has been active in development of a compact proton therapy machine for treating cancer.
Contact: Francis Quintana - (713) 794-5575 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series
- Symposium on Molecular Imaging with Mass Spectrometry Techniques
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents John de Groot, M.D.
- Experimental therapeutics using preclinical mouse models of early or late stage metastatic disease
- Value-Based Head and Neck Cancer Care
- Fourth International Conference on Cancer and the Heart
- Current Concepts in Head and Neck Surgery
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Mohammad Belayat Hossain, Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Communication and Difficult Conversations
- myCancerConnection Cancer Survivorship Conference