MD Anderson Events
The Relationship Between Science and Technology
MAGING PHYSICS SEMINAR
Date: 3/3/14, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 3/3/14, 12pm to 1pm
Location: FCT3.5001 ‐ Pickens Academic Tower
Speaker: Thomas “Rock” Mackie, PhD
Speaker Bio: Dr. Mackie's career has been focused on planning and delivery of radiation therapy to cancer patients. His group developed the 3-D treatment planning system that became the Philips Pinnacle treatment planning system, the most widely used radiation therapy treatment planning system in the world. His group was also the developer of tomotherapy, which is the marriage of a linac and a CT scanner. More recently, Rock has been active in development of a compact proton therapy machine for treating cancer.
Contact: Francis Quintana - (713) 794-5575 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Gregory N. Fuller, M.D., Ph.D.
- Host-Microbiota interaction at muscosal surface
- Department of Molecular & Cellular Oncology Seminar
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Jason Huse, M.D., Ph.D.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Research Misconduct and Policies for Handling Misconduct:
- Cancer Metabolism Working Group Seminars presents Dr. Joya Chandra and Dr. Prasenjit Dey
- Training in Brain Tumor Research Seminars presents Baoli Hu, Ph.D.
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Cross-species genetic mapping of targets in mitochondria, metabolism and aging"
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "Molecular Regulation of Beclin 1 in Autophagy and Tumor Suppression"