MD Anderson Events
Critical Illness? Code with Care!
The goals are: To illustrate how medical necessity and diagnosis coding guidelines affect Critical Care coding. The one-hour discussion will include a close examination of the Critical Care documentation criteria and supporting CMS/Medicare references. Attendees will be able to test their knowledge as examples are given and explained, and a handout will be provided, so bring your CPT coding manuals!
Date: 9/19/12, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 9/19/12, 12pm to 1pm
Location: 1MC3.1011/1013, Rooms 5&6
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Lynn Daniel, CPC
Speaker Bio: Lynn D. Daniel, C.P.C., is a Compliance Analyst for Professional Billing and Reimbursement in The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center’s (MD Anderson’s) Institutional Compliance Office. Lynn is responsible for performing inpatient and outpatient documentation audits for complex specialty areas to confirm compliance with rules and regulations set forth by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Medicare Administrative Contractor, federal and state laws and Lynn joined MD Anderson’ and the Institutional Compliance Office in September of 2002.
Contact: Julia Romero - (713) 563-0399 - email@example.com
- Organization for Women: Developing a Vision Board with Karen Mooney “Part 2: Awaken Your Possibilities: How to Invest in the Alignment of Your Life”
- WEBINAR: Embase - Reviewing the Literature Beyond Medline
- CSI Lecture: Regulation, Role and Therapeutic Targeting of AMPK in Prostate Cancer by Daniel E. Frigo, Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance