MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Built Environment & Fast Food Density
Date: 8/9/13, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 8/9/13, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Cancer Prevention Building, Floor 8, Rooms 1-4
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Reitzel & Dr. Strong
Speaker Bio: Dr. Reitzel, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Disparities Research. Dr. Reitzel’s research program focuses on increasing understanding of the influence of neighborhood context, socioeconomic status, and social status on cancer-related risk behaviors. She is also interested in the development and evaluation of theoretically-based interventions to address tobacco dependence among low socioeconomic status and other underserved groups. As well, Dr. Strong, Ph.D, MPH is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Disparities Research. Dr. Strong’s research focuses on understanding how social, cultural, and environmental influences affect engagement in cancer preventive behaviors such as physical activity, with the ultimate objective of translating research findings into intervention efforts to promote healthy lifestyles in underserved populations.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - email@example.com
EB Jo Club 8.9.13 Flier.pdf (PDF, 185 KB)
- Russian Blue Diamond Jewelry Show
- $6.00 Jewelry Sale
- Bootcamp of the MInd, Body & Spirit: Stress Management 101 - Tips for Tough Times
- 2016 Outstanding Research Publication Awards Presentation
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- ERO Special Seminar - Chao Lu, Faculty candidate
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer Distinguished Lecture Series
- Advances in Oncology: Institutional Grand Rounds