MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Obesity and the Brain & Food Addictions - “Can you be Addicted to food?”
- Volkow ND et al. (2013). Obesity and addiction - neurobiological overlaps.
- Ziaddeen H. and Fletcher P.C. (2013). Is food addiction a valid and useful concept?
Date: 7/12/13, all day
Time: 7/12/13, all day
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Susan Schembre, Ph.D
Speaker Bio: Dr. Schembre is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Behavioral Science. She is trained as a registered dietitian with a particular interest in the cognitive and psychological aspects of eating behavior as it relates to obesity. Her current research involves (1) exploring the neurobehavioral predictors of weight control using an addiction framework, (2) using real-time assessment of mood and appetitive states as they relate to maladaptive eating behaviors, and (3) developing strategies to increase self-control around food without “dieting”.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Russian Blue Diamond Jewelry Show
- $6.00 Jewelry Sale
- Bootcamp of the MInd, Body & Spirit: Stress Management 101 - Tips for Tough Times
- 2016 Outstanding Research Publication Awards Presentation
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- ERO Special Seminar - Chao Lu, Faculty candidate
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Sara Courtneidge, Ph.D.
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer Distinguished Lecture Series
- Advances in Oncology: Institutional Grand Rounds