MD Anderson Events
Energy Balance Journal Club - Obesity and the Brain & Food Addictions - “Can you be Addicted to food?”
- Volkow ND et al. (2013). Obesity and addiction - neurobiological overlaps.
- Ziaddeen H. and Fletcher P.C. (2013). Is food addiction a valid and useful concept?
Date: 7/12/13, all day
Time: 7/12/13, all day
Location: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 3, Room 3 (FCT3.4143)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Susan Schembre, Ph.D
Speaker Bio: Dr. Schembre is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Behavioral Science. She is trained as a registered dietitian with a particular interest in the cognitive and psychological aspects of eating behavior as it relates to obesity. Her current research involves (1) exploring the neurobehavioral predictors of weight control using an addiction framework, (2) using real-time assessment of mood and appetitive states as they relate to maladaptive eating behaviors, and (3) developing strategies to increase self-control around food without “dieting”.
Sponsor: Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Contact: Nazim Ali - (713) 792-2431 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- MRI Educational Seminar
- MRI Educational Seminar - Go with the Flow-Perfusion and Diffusion in MRI Radiation Oncology
- Ash Wednesday Services
- ERO Seminar Series - Xiao-Fan Wang
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Arlene Sharpe, M.D., Ph.D.
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Arlene Sharpe, M.D., Ph.D.
- Lavish Linens Sale
- Gina's Jewelry
- Children's Art Project Pop-Up Shop