MD Anderson Events
How to Know Bullying When You See It and How to Make It Stop
"Bullies...are masters at appearance management and ingratiate themselves with the higher-ups... [They cast] aspersions against subordinates as untrustworthy and unreliable so that if they complain, they're branded as troublemakers." - Gary Namie, Director of the Workplace Bullying Institute
Date: 6/6/13, 12pm to 1pm
Time: 6/6/13, 12pm to 1pm
Location: Hickey Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 11 (R11.1400)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Speaker: Kevin Grigsby
Speaker Bio: R. Kevin Grigsby, MSW, DSW is Senior Director of Leadership & Talent Development at the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Dr. Grigsby’s works with organizational development in academic health centers including developing a future-oriented perspective in academic leaders and the alignment of resources with missions are focus areas. Dr. Grigsby remains active in promoting effective interpersonal communication within academic health centers and in implementing alternative conflict resolution/management strategies at the department and institutional levels. He and his colleagues published an account of the use of teams to unify the clinical, academic, and research enterprises in an academic health center. This approach was instrumental in breaking down barriers that typically separate academic departments and resulted in reducing traditional barriers between employees and management, promoting faculty and staff participation in decision-making processes, and solving organizational problems that seemed to be intractable in the past. At the AAMC, he and his team offer programs to improve organizational and leadership performance at medical schools and academic medical centers, address the needs of women and underrepresented minorities at academic medical centers, and link individual professional development to improved organizational performance.
Sponsor: Faculty Health
Contact: Katrina Wright - (713) 794-5292 - email@example.com
- Organization for Women: Developing a Vision Board with Karen Mooney “Part 2: Awaken Your Possibilities: How to Invest in the Alignment of Your Life”
- WEBINAR: Embase - Reviewing the Literature Beyond Medline
- CSI Lecture: Regulation, Role and Therapeutic Targeting of AMPK in Prostate Cancer by Daniel E. Frigo, Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Traver Hart
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- Dr. Huda Y. Zoghbi - Rett Syndrome and MeCP2 disorders and the insight they provide into neuropsychiatric disorders
- Dr Cullen Taniguchi - Protecting the Gut to improve outcomes in pancreatic cancer
- Lavish Linens
- 5th Annual Metabolism in Cancer Symposium Featured Speaker - Matthew Vander Heiden, M.D., Ph.D.
- ERO Seminar Series - Meng Wang