MD Anderson Events
Pediatric Research Seminar Series: Novel Approaches To The Treatment of Mestastatic Cancer
The Department of Pediatrics Research invites investigators with expertise in the field of pediatric tumors or relevant areas of research to present the recent findings to faculty, students and post-doctoral fellows.
Date: 1/29/13, 9am to 10am
Time: 1/29/13, 9am to 10am
Location: Smith Research Building, Conference SRB1.122
Facilitator: Vidya Gopalakrishnan, PhD
Speaker: Bruce R. Zetter, PhD
Speaker Bio: Bruce R. Zetter, PhD, is the Charles Nowiszewski Professor of Cancer Biology in the Department of Surgery for the Boston Children's Hospital. Bruce Zetter, PhD is a pioneer in understanding how cell movement affects tumor metastasis. In 1980, he made the key discovery that interferon alpha, which inhibits viral proliferation, also inhibits the locomotion of endothelial cells necessary for angiogenesis. His work led to the interferon alpha to treat hemangiomas.
Contact: Hector Jimenez - (713) 563-5394 - email@example.com
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar Series - "New Approaches and Advances in GBM Cancer Stem Cell Translational Biology"
- S2M Science to Medicine Seminar "From cancer vulnerabilities to cancer therapeutics"
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Conflict of Interest and Commitment
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- S2M Science to Medicine “Decoding of Network Attacking Mutations Rewiring Cancer”
- Fast Track Orientation
- BTC Distinguished Lecture Series
- Cancer Prevention Summer Trainee Exposition
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing and Ownership
- MD Anderson Summer Experience Final Event