MD Anderson Events
Physical Therapy Month Symposium
The 2012 Physical Therapy Symposium will focus on "Current Topics in Physical Therapy and Oncology Rehabilitation."
The event is part of a series of events celebrating Physical Therapy Month during the month of October. Nationally-renown speaker Janet Bezner, PT, Ph.D., executive director for the American Physical Therapy Association, will deliver the keynote address on the need to treat the entire patient, not just the acute physical need, and other major initiatives of the organization.
The schedule of events is as follows:
Meet and Greet/Poster Viewing
7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Early Mobilization in ICU
Stacey Ryan, DPT, and Shari Frankel
8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
9:30 - 9:45 a.m.
Ethical Issues in Oncology and PT Practice Implications
Steven Collazo and Alice Woods
11:45 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The Hemipelvectomy Patient
1 - 2 p.m.
2 - 2:15 p.m.
Current Update on APTA Priorities and Health Promotion and Wellness
Janet Bezner, Ph.D.
Date: 10/20/12, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Time: 10/20/12, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Location: AT&T Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 2 (B2.4750)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Facilitator: Lindsay Lewis
Contact: Marifel Malacara - (713) 563-6008 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Therapy Symposium Flier.pdf (PDF, 146 KB)
- Easter Sunday Ecumenical Service
- $6.00 Jewelry Sale
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Visiting Guest Lecture- Gary P. Schroth, Ph.D. "Next generation tools for gene expression profiling and fusion detection in FFPE tumor samples"
- Lemonade Stand -- Pediatric Education and Creative Arts Program
- Silver Dreams
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer (CIC) Distinguished Lecture Series
- ANDERSON IDOL SHOW
- When Can I Retire? Details about Your TRS Retirement!
- "Extending Surgical Cure: Using Technology to Prevent Locoregional Recurrence"
- Books Are Fun Book & Gift Sale
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies