MD Anderson Events
Physical Therapy Month Symposium
The 2012 Physical Therapy Symposium will focus on "Current Topics in Physical Therapy and Oncology Rehabilitation."
The event is part of a series of events celebrating Physical Therapy Month during the month of October. Nationally-renown speaker Janet Bezner, PT, Ph.D., executive director for the American Physical Therapy Association, will deliver the keynote address on the need to treat the entire patient, not just the acute physical need, and other major initiatives of the organization.
The schedule of events is as follows:
Meet and Greet/Poster Viewing
7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Early Mobilization in ICU
Stacey Ryan, DPT, and Shari Frankel
8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
9:30 - 9:45 a.m.
Ethical Issues in Oncology and PT Practice Implications
Steven Collazo and Alice Woods
11:45 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The Hemipelvectomy Patient
1 - 2 p.m.
2 - 2:15 p.m.
Current Update on APTA Priorities and Health Promotion and Wellness
Janet Bezner, Ph.D.
Date: 10/20/12, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Time: 10/20/12, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Location: AT&T Auditorium, Main Building, Floor 2 (B2.4750)
Format: All Employee Meeting
Facilitator: Lindsay Lewis
Contact: Marifel Malacara - (713) 563-6008 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Therapy Symposium Flier.pdf (PDF, 146 KB)
- Lavish Linens
- Children's Art Project Pop-Up Shop
- ERO Seminar Series - Xiang Zhang
- Center for Inflammation and Cancer Distinguished Lecture Series
- Texas Medical Board Legislative Updates by Mari Robinson
- Distinguished Lectureship in Cancer Biology - Dr. Elaine Fuchs
- Department of Cancer Biology Chalk Talk - Dr. Elaine Fuchs
- Junior Faculty Reception
- ERO Seminar Series - Je-Hyun Yoon
- Celebrating Improvement at MD Anderson