MD Anderson Events
Stem Cells and Cancer Seminar Series
The Stem Cells and Cancer Seminar Series brings nationally and internationally known speakers to present their research in area of stem cells and EMT research.
Date: 6/20/13, 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Time: 6/20/13, 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Location: South Campus; 7435 Fannin Street, SCR1 Rooms 4,5,6
Directions: From Main Campus - proceed south on Fannin. The SCRB building is located on the east side of Fannin just south of OST. The MDACC shuttle service is available and drops off in front of the building (remember MDACC ID badge is required to utilize the shuttle.)
Facilitator: Sendurai Mani, Ph.D.
Speaker: Neal Copeland, Ph.D.
Speaker Bio: Neal Copeland received his Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of Utah. Following postdoctoral studies at Harvard Medical School, he joined the staff of The Jackson Laboratory and then the National Cancer Institute-Frederick, where he was Director of the Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, the forerunner of the Mouse Cancer Genetics Program that he also directed. He moved to the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Singapore in 2006, where he served as the Executive Director. In 2011, he returned to the U.S. to serve as Director of The Methodist Cancer Biology Program at The Methodist Hospital Research Institute. The focus of his current research is cancer genetics. He has co-authored more than 780 papers and is among the 50 most cited biomedical research scientists in the world today. He has served on numerous scientific advisory and editorial boards and has consulted for several biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. He is also a member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
Contact: Mark Milam - (713) 834-6031 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Seminar Introduction-Dr Copeland-Mani.pdf (PDF, 214 KB)
- Collective Soul Symposium - Embracing the care of the human spirit of patients with advanced illness and their caregivers
- How to Start a Successful Breast Radioactive Seed Localization Program in Your Institution
- Thoracic, Head and Neck Cancer Research Seminar
- Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology Faculty Recruitment Seminar - John Brognard, PhD
- 2016 GME-Macy Foundation Summit
- Non-coding RNAs and Cancer: From Biology to Technology
- Cancer Metabolism Working Group Seminar
- Medical Oncology and Hematology 2016: Muldisciplinary Approaches that Improve Coordination of Care
- MD Anderson Anesthesiology & Neuroscience February Seminar Series
- Pancreas Cancer Seminar Series