Library materials circulate only to registered users. Any item lost, damaged, or not returned requires payment of the replacement cost plus a processing fee. If you have questions, please call the Information Desk at 713-792-2282.
- Books, Audiovisuals, and Bound Journals - 30 day check-out, 1 renewal of 30 days allowed if book is not on hold
- Unbound journals - Library use only
Registering for Library Use
Registering with the Research Medical Library enables you to check out books from this library and other libraries in the Texas Medical Center, use Document Delivery – ILLiad service, and start a Printing & Photocopy Service account.
There are two ways that you can register:
- Come to the Research Medical Library's Information Desk with your MD Anderson badge.
- Fill out our Online Registration Form. Be sure to include your library ID number which is located on the back of your MD Anderson ID badge.
Renew books checked out from any TMC library online
- Click here to go to the Library Catalog.
- Click the "Renew Items" tab at the top of the page.
- Enter your library ID number and your last name. For MD Anderson users, the library ID number will be near the barcode on the back of your badge.
- Click the "Login" button.
- Put a check mark next to the items to be renewed.
- Click the "Request Renewal" button. A new due date should appear. If an item was unable to be renewed it is most likely because the item is not eligible to be renewed, you have reached the maximum number of renewals for the item, or another user has placed the item on hold.
If you have questions, please call the Information Desk at 713-792-2282.