Academics, Education & Non-Medical
- Academic Search Complete
This scholarly resource contains indexing and abstracts for more than 8,500 journals (more than 7,400 peer-reviewed), with full text for more than 4,600 of those titles (more than 3,900 peer-reviewed). Areas covered include social sciences, humanities, education, computer sciences, engineering, language and linguistics, arts and literature, medical sciences, and ethnic studies.
Updated daily with content from 1990 to the present, this database contains over 27 million records from more than 16,000 journals in the fields of business, humanities, medicine, popular culture, science, social sciences, and technology. Some abstracts are available.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index
- 1975 - present. Updated weekly. Contains data on items from more than 1,144 journals, including individually selected relevant items from more than 6,800 science and social sciences journals. Also included are references to poems, short stories, plays, music scores, excerpts from books, bibliographies and filmographies, as well as reviews of books, films, music and theatrical performances that are published in the indexed journals.
- This version of ERIC (Education Resource Information Center), accessible through Ebsco, provides access to education literature and resources, with more than 1.4 million citations and links to more than 337,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966. Updated monthly, this material includes research documents, journal articles, technical reports, program descriptions and evaluations, and curricular materials.
- ETS - Test Collection
- ETS (Educational Testing Service) maintains a library of more than 25,000 tests and other measurement devices that makes information on standardized tests and research instruments available to researchers, graduate students, and teachers. Collected from the early 1900s to the present, the Test Collection at ETS is the largest such compilation in the world.
- Exam Master - USMLE (TMC Library)
- Question bank contains questions for USMLE, Steps 1, 2, and 3; Medical Board Exams, including family practice, internal medicine, and surgery; and several medical subject areas, including anatomy, microbiology, and physiology.
- The JSTOR archive is a searchable electronic database of full-text research journals in a variety of academic disciplines and is particularly strong in arts and sciences. JSTOR includes the complete backruns of the journals, from the first volume to within 1-5 years of the most recently published issue (there are no current volumes ).
- Legal Collection
- Updated daily. This database contains full text for nearly 250 of the world's most respected, scholarly law journals. The Legal Collection is an authoritative source for information on current issues, studies, thoughts and trends of the legal world.
- LearningExpress LIBRARY™
Access over 800 online practice tests and interactive skill-building tutorials to help launch or advance their careers. Prepare for professional certification, licensing, and aptitude tests in civil service, law enforcement, firefighting, EMS, military, real estate, and healthcare, among others. Prepare for college and graduate school admissions tests including the SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, and MCAT. Successfully prepare for the GED exam when working toward a high school diploma. Dramatically improve or refresh basic skills in reading, writing, and math.
- MasterFILE Premier
- 1984 - present. Updated daily. This database provides full text for more than 1,900 general reference, business, consumer health, general science, and multi-cultural periodicals. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for over 2,510 periodicals. For some titles, full text archives are available back to 1975. The database also contains full text for nearly 200 reference and travel books; 88,000 biographies; 60,000 primary source documents; and 91,000 photos, maps, and flags.
- Professional Development Collection
- Updated regularly. This is the most comprehensive and most valuable collection of full text education journals in the world. Professional Development Collection includes full text for nearly 550 high quality education journals. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports.
- RefWorks (TMC Library)
- RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic management tool that enables users to organize and create a personal database online, format bibliographies and manuscripts, and import references from a variety of databases using the already created Import Filters. MD Anderson staff can gain access to RefWorks through the TMC Library.
- WorldCat - OCLC
- 1000 BC - present. Updated daily. Union catalog of materials held by OCLC libraries. 179,000,000+ bibliographic records for audio-visual materials, books, maps, musical scores, newspapers, periodicals and more.