Core DatabasesClick the icon before each Title for a full database description.
- 1937 - present. - Updated monthly. CINAHL Plus with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 560 journals indexed in CINAHL. Of those, nearly 400 have cover-to-cover indexing in CINAHL. With more than 600,000 full-text articles dating back to 1937, CINAHL Plus with Full Text is the definitive research tool for all areas of nursing and allied health literature.
- Cochrane Library
- Updated regularly. The Cochrane Library is a unique source of reliable and up-to-date information on the effects of interventions in health care. Published on a quarterly basis, The Cochrane Library is designed to provide information and evidence to support decisions taken in health care and to inform those receiving care. The databases are: The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Cochrane Reviews); Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE); The Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL); The Cochrane Database of Methodology Reviews (Methodology Reviews); Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA); NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED).
- Embase is a biomedical and pharmacological database containing bibliographic records with citations, abstracts and indexing derived from biomedical articles in peer reviewed journals, and is especially strong in its coverage of drug and pharmaceutical research. This field guide provides scope of information specific to the Embase database.
- Journal Citation Reports - Impact Factors
- Updated annually. - Journal Citation Reports is a comprehensive and unique resource that allows you to evaluate and compare journals using citation data drawn from over 7,500 scholarly and technical journals from more than 3,300 publishers in over 60 countries. It is the only source of citation data on journals, and includes virtually all areas of science, technology, and social sciences.
- MEDLINE - Ovid
- 1946 to Present. Ovid MEDLINE covers the international literature on biomedicine, including the allied health fields and the biological and physical sciences, humanities, and information science as they relate to medicine and health care. Information is indexed from approximately 5,400 journals published world-wide. Corresponds in part to the following print indexes: Index Medicus, Index to Dental Literature, and International Nursing.
- 1967 to present. PsychInfo provides citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. The database includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work.
- 1946 – Present. PubMed comprises over 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. PubMed citations and abstracts include the fields of biomedicine and health, covering portions of the life sciences, behavioral sciences, chemical sciences, and bioengineering. PubMed also provides access to additional relevant web sites and links to the other NCBI molecular biology resources. Corresponds in part to the following print indexes: Index Medicus, Index to Dental Literature, and International Nursing.
- 1960 - present. Scopus is a citation and abstract database containing peer-reviewed literature, with over 46 million records and 4.8 million conference papers from proceedings and journals. It covers the medical, scientific, technical and social sciences fields. It includes 100% coverage of Medline, 100% coverage of Embase and interoperability with Reaxys.
- UpToDate is a comprehensive evidence-based clinical information resource available to physicians on the internet. UpToDate is designed to get physicians the concise, practical answers they need when they need them the most - at the point of care.
- Web of Science
- 1965 – present. Original research articles, reviews, editorials, chronologies and abstracts covering biological sciences, medical and life sciences, physical and chemical sciences, agriculture, social sciences, arts, and humanities. Offers author identification, cited reference counts, and citation reports. Content covers over 12,000 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals and over 150,000 conference proceedings.
Databases by Subject CategoryClick a Subject Category below for a list of databases.
Alphabetical List of Databases With DescriptionsClick on each Letter of the Alphabet for a list of databases.
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | - [ Full List ]
Click here to request that the library purchase a book, journal, or another item for our permanent collection. We attempt to fill purchase requests, but cannot guarantee that funding will be available.
The Research Medical Library participates in a cooperative agreement with the TMC Library. This agreement provides MD Anderson faculty and staff with full access to the online database collection of the TMC Library.
In order to access these databases you must obtain a Resource Access Account from the TMC Library. This account is free to those persons employed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.Login to the TMC Library's Resource Access system.
Register for access to the TMC Library's Resource Access system.
- Research Medical Library
- The University of Texas
MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Pickens Academic Tower
- 1400 Pressler Street, 21st floor
Houston, Texas 77030-3722
- Directions & Maps
- Phone: 713-792-2282
- Fax: 713-563-3650
- Contact Webmaster
- Library hours:
- Monday - Friday
7:30 am to 7:00 pm
© 2017 The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center