Click the icon before each Title for a full database description.
- CINAHL Plus
- The CINAHL Plus database, which provides full text for more than 560 nursing and allied health journals, has a search limiter for various image types such as black and white photographs, color photographs, diagrams, illustrations, charts, graphs, and maps. The images may be printed for personal, non-commercial use and used in presentations for educational use consistent with the Copyright Act of 1976, but may not be posted on the Web or used in any other form of mass media without express written permission from the copyright holder.
- NCI Visuals Online
- NCI Visuals Online contains over 2,500 images from the collections of the Office of Communications and Education and Office of Media Relations, National Cancer Institute, including general biomedical and science-related images as well as cancer-specific scientific and patient care-related images. These images are in the public domain except as noted.
- PEIR Digital Library
- The PEIR Digital Library is a collection of over 30,000 teachingimages that are part of the Pathology Education Instructional Resource, a public access resource designed for use in developing medical education applications. Use of the digital library is unrestricted, while the use of images from the digital library is limited to non-profit educational activities.
- Public Health Image Library (PHIL) – CDC
- The Public Health Image Library contains images created by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These images can be used for reference, teaching, presentations, and public health messages. The majority of images are in the public domain and thus free of copyright restrictions. Each image contains a statement indicating whether it is public domain or copyright protected. The images are indexed by the National Library of Medicine’s Medical Subject Headings (MeSH).
- Springer Images
- SpringerImages is a growing collection of scientific images that spans the scientific, technical and medical fields. While not all images in the database are available to MD Anderson users, searches can be limited to only those images that are freely accessible, and results can be further refined by limiters including: image, table, line art, video, color, and black & white.
- UpToDate is a comprehensive evidence-based clinical information resource available to physicians on the internet. It includes more than 23,000 graphics, including photographs, which can be searched by using the pull-down menu to select “graphics.” UpToDate allows you to use graphics for diagnosis, training and incorporating into presentations.