Click the icon before each Title for a full database description.
- ACP's PIER: The Physicians' Information and Education Resource w/ AHFS Dl Essentials
- Updated regularly. PIER stands for the Physicians’ Information and Education Resource. Developed by the American College of Physicians (ACP), PIER is designed to be an evidence-based, point-of-care, decision support tool. Currently, PIER consists of approximately 320 disease modules, with 8-10 modules added each month. Features of PIER include consistancy of organization, clear, well-documented recommendations, and links to additional content.
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Clinical Pharmacology is provided by the MD Anderson Division of Pharmacy. Clinical Pharmacology is a point-of-care tool accepted by all 50 state Boards of Pharmacy as a compendium to fulfill the drug reference requirements for licensed pharmacies, and is officially recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a drug compendium for determining the appropriate use of drugs and biologics for cancer patients.
- DynaMed is a clinical reference tool created by physicians for physicians and other health care professionals for use at the point-of-care. This tool contains clinically organized summaries for more than 3,200 topics, and is updated continuously via daily monitoring, evaluation, and integration of the content of over 500 medical journals.
- Nursing Reference Center (TMC Library)
- A comprehensive, point-of-care resource for nursing, Nursing Reference Center draws search results in part from Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses; AHFS Drug Information Essentials; Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual; Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary; and Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests with Nursing Implications. Nursing Reference Center includes: "quick lessons" on diseases and disorders; evidence-based care sheets; practice guidelines; patient education sheets, some available in Spanish; CE modules; news; research instruments; and information on legal cases. Nursing Reference Center provides direct access to full text articles found in CINAHL. MD Anderson employees can access this resource by signing up for remote access to the TMC Library
- UpToDate is a comprehensive evidence-based clinical information resource available to physicians on the internet. UpToDate is designed to get physicians the concise, practical answers they need when they need them the most - at the point of care.