The Research Medical Library provides free access to the Chemical Abstracts Service chemical databases through SciFinder Scholar. Chemical Abstracts is one of the world's largest and most up-to-date collections of chemical information, with nearly 16 million abstracts of journal articles, patents, and more.
- More than 16 million single- and multi-step reactions
- More than 1 billion predicted and experimental properties
- More than 2 million experimental properties
- The CAS REGISTRYSM database - the original source and final authority for CAS Registry Numbers - updated daily
- All patent records, meeting CAS selection criteria, from 9 of the major patent offices are available online within 2 days of the patents' issuance
- Sequences combined from CAS and GenBank databases, which are indexed and linked to scientific journal and patent literature.
For more information about the SciFinder database click here.
SciFinder support & training click here.
For information about the SciFinder web interface click here.
How to Access the SciFinder Database
STEP 1: Create an Account
[ Click here ] - to create your personal SciFinder account.
• You must be an employee of the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center with a valid MD Anderson email account. (i.e. email@example.com)
• Your SciFinder session must originate from a University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center IP address. (i.e. on campus or via the "Secure Web Access VPN System")
• You MUST register and create your personal SciFinder account. [ Click here ] - to register.
STEP 2: Login With Your Account
[ Click here ] - to login to SciFinder.
Please Note: SciFinder uses a web based interface. It is not necessary to install any client software on your computer.
For questions, please contact Wes Browning in the Research Medical Library.
Phone: (713) 745-1545
- Research Medical Library
- The University of Texas
MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Pickens Academic Tower
- 1400 Pressler Street, 21st floor
Houston, Texas 77030-3722
- Directions & Maps
- Phone: 713-792-2282
- Fax: 713-563-3650
- Contact Webmaster
- Library hours:
- Monday - Friday
7:30 am to 7:00 pm