The Research Medical Library provides free access to the Chemical Abstracts Service chemical databases through SciFinder Scholar. Chemical Abstracts is one of the world's largest and most up-to-date collections of chemical information, with nearly 16 million abstracts of journal articles, patents, and more.
- More than 16 million single- and multi-step reactions
- More than 1 billion predicted and experimental properties
- More than 2 million experimental properties
- The CAS REGISTRYSM database - the original source and final authority for CAS Registry Numbers - updated daily
- All patent records, meeting CAS selection criteria, from 9 of the major patent offices are available online within 2 days of the patents' issuance
- Sequences combined from CAS and GenBank databases, which are indexed and linked to scientific journal and patent literature.
For more information about the SciFinder database click here.
SciFinder support & training click here.
For information about the SciFinder web interface click here.
How to Access the SciFinder Database
STEP 1: Create an Account
[ Click here ] - to create your personal SciFinder account.
• You must be an employee of the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center with a valid MD Anderson email account. (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Your SciFinder session must originate from a University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center IP address. (i.e. on campus or via the "Secure Web Access VPN System")
• You MUST register and create your personal SciFinder account. [ Click here ] - to register.
STEP 2: Login With Your Account
[ Click here ] - to login to SciFinder.
Please Note: SciFinder uses a web based interface. It is not necessary to install any client software on your computer.
For questions, please contact Wes Browning in the Research Medical Library.
Phone: (713) 745-1545
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal and Policy
- Legal Statements & Site Policies
- Stay Connected
- Emergency Alerts
- Emergency Alert Information