The 18-seat, collaborative, hands-on classroom in the Research Medical Library is used by Education Programs to teach literature searching and evidence-based research to students, faculty and staff. Departments and groups within M.D. Anderson are welcome to reserve the classroom for their own training on a space-available basis.
Listen to a Podcast with Clara Fowler, Manager of Information Services, as she describes the Library's Classroom.
Departments may schedule the classroom for educational activities up to two months in advance. Use by any single department will generally be limited to 16 hours per month. Departments may not schedule the classroom at the same day and time every week or the same day every month.
To reserve the classroom, you must have an identified professor, instructor, or leader. The leader must be present during the scheduled use of the room. This leader must receive training on the classroom technology at least one week prior to the scheduled use of the room. If training is not completed at least one week prior to the scheduled use of the room, the Education Program Manager will cancel the reservation.
- Prior to reserving the classroom, please read the complete classroom policies.
- Software available in the classroom click here.
The classroom computers have the following applications:
• Camtasia Relay
• EndNote X7
• Microsoft Office 2013
• SPSS 19.0
• Windows Internet Explorer
The Research Medical Library will not be able to load any additional applications in the classroom. Instructors are also restricted from loading additional software on any classroom computers. Please check that any web-based applications that you plan to use do not require any plug-ins, applets, or additional software. These will not work in the classroom environment.
- To request a reservation (no more than two months in advance).
- To schedule instructor classroom-use training contact Laurissa Gann at email@example.com or 713-794-4111.
- Patients & Family Information
- Patients & Family Home
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children's Cancer Hospital
- Patient Services
- Clinical Trials
- Prevention & Screening
- News & Publications
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies
- Education and Research
- Departments, Labs & Institutes
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Strategic Industry Ventures