- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI)
- 1985 - present. Updated quarterly. Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI) provides access to information on measurement instruments, including questionnaires, interview schedules, checklists, rating scales, and tests, in the fields of health, psychosocial sciences, organizational behavior, and library and information science. HaPI can be used to identify measures needed for research studies, grant proposals, client/patient assessment, class papers/projects, theses/dissertations, and program evaluation. It does not contain the actual instruments, but rather information and articles that describe and assess the instruments.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print
- The Mental Measurements Yearbook™ (MMY) provides users with a comprehensive guide to over 2,000 contemporary testing instruments. Tthe MMY series contains information essential for a complete evaluation of test products within such diverse areas as psychology, education, business, and leadership. All MMY entries contain descriptive information (e.g., test purpose, publisher, pricing) and edited review(s) written by leading content area experts. To be included in the MMY, a test must be commercially available, be published in the English language, and be new or revised since it last appeared in the series.
ProQolid is a Patient Reported Outcome and Quality of Life Instruments Database. There is a "Free Access Level". This level is available to all ProQolid visitors at no charge. For each instrument in the database, you will find 14 categories of basic information (e.g., author, objective, mode of administration, original language, existing translations, pathology, number of items, etc.).
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection is a comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. This is the world's largest full text psychology database offering full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
- 1967 to present. Access through OVID. electronic bibliographic database providing abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. The database includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work. Updated weekly, PsycINFO® provides access to journal articles, books, chapters, and dissertations.
- Web of Science
- 1965 – present. Original research articles, reviews, editorials, chronologies and abstracts covering biological sciences, medical and life sciences, physical and chemical sciences, agriculture, social sciences, arts, and humanities. Offers author identification, cited reference counts, and citation reports. Content covers over 12,000 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals and over 150,000 conference proceedings
Top eBooks in Behavioral Sciences
- Handbook of Pscyhotherapy in Cancer Care
- Provides practical guidance about how to deliver a range of individual, group, couple and family interventions that have proven utility in cancer care.
Other Available eBooks
- Cancer Psychology eBooks
- Online books in cancer psychology.
- Research in Psychology eBooks
- A list of online books on research in psychology.
Mobile Apps & Resources
- Use BrowZine to create a mobile bookshelf of your favorite journals to read and research on the go. Download the mobile app from the Apple App Store for your iPad, or visit Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for your Android tablet. Once installed, you can use your MD Anderson MyID to access subscribed and open access publications, create your own bookshelf of favorite journals, and save to a variety of services.
- This provides users with the latest psychology news, research and blog posts as well as videos, audio and tweets from professional psychologists.
- The Research Medical Library on Your Tablet
- This is a mobile website you can bookmark on any device to access current behavioral science journals.
- To start using “UpToDate Anwhere,” access UpToDate through the Research Medical Library’s web site on a MD Anderson desktop computer, and register for an account. Then download the free UpToDate app from the appropriate app store for your device. Once installed, use your newly created username and password to access all content from UpToDate. Available on iOS , Android, or Windows 8 tablets.
Top Journals in Behavioral Sciences
- Annual Reviews of Psychology
- Browse the current issue of Annual Reviews of Psychology.
- Annual Reviews of Clinical Psychology
- Browse the current issue of Annual Reviews Clinical of Psychology.
- Browse the current issue of Pyscho-Oncology.
Other Available Journals
- List of Behavioral Sciences journals
- A list of online journals in behavioral sciences.
- List of Cognitive Psychology journals
- A list of online journals in cognitive psychology.
- List of Experimental Psychology journals
- A list of online journals in experimental psychology.
- List of Oncologic Psychology journals
- A list of online journals in oncologic psychology.