- MD Anderson Breast Cancer Nomograms
- MD Anderson faculty members have created several clinical calculators, also known as nomograms, to predict treatment outcomes, survival and response to specific cancer treatments. These calculators, developed in conjunction with peer-reviewed journals, helps both patients and physicians make informed decisions about cancer treatments. Disclaimer: These calculators are not meant to be a substitute for medical opinions by qualified physicians regarding cancer treatment. Results from these calculators should only be used in conjunction with all other clinical information on each case.
- NCCN Guidelines
- The NCCN Guidelines® are a comprehensive set of guidelines detailing the sequential management decisions and interventions for the malignant cancers that affect 97 percent of all patients with cancer. In addition, separate guidelines relate to major prevention and screening topics and another set of pathways focuses on the major supportive care areas.
- 1946 – Present. PubMed comprises over 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. PubMed citations and abstracts include the fields of biomedicine and health, covering portions of the life sciences, behavioral sciences, chemical sciences, and bioengineering. PubMed also provides access to additional relevant web sites and links to the other NCBI molecular biology resources. Corresponds in part to the following print indexes: Index Medicus, Index to Dental Literature, and International Nursing.
- 1960 - present. Scopus is a citation and abstract database containing peer-reviewed literature, with over 46 million records and 4.8 million conference papers from proceedings and journals. It covers the medical, scientific, technical and social sciences fields. It includes 100% coverage of Medline, 100% coverage of Embase and interoperability with Reaxys.
- UpToDate is a comprehensive evidence-based clinical information resource available to physicians on the internet. It includes more than 23,000 graphics, including photographs, which can be searched by using the pull-down menu to select “graphics.” UpToDate allows you to use graphics for diagnosis, training and incorporating into presentations.
Top eBooks in Breast Oncology
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer
- This book describes the clinical presentation, epidemiology, biology, outcome, and multimodality treatment of inflammatory breast cancer.
- Minimal Residual Disease and Circulating Tumor Cells in Breast Cancer
- This eBook explores how the study of minimal residual disease and circulating and disseminated tumor cells (CTCs/DTCs) can assist in the understanding of breast cancer metastasis .
Other Available eBooks
- Breast Cancer eBooks
- Browse a list of online books in Breast Cancer.
- Breast Surgery eBooks
- Browse a list of online books on breast surgery.
Mobile Apps & Resources
- Use BrowZine to create a mobile bookshelf of your favorite journals to read and research on the go. Download the mobile app from the Apple App Store for your iPad, or visit Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for your Android tablet. Once installed, you can use your MD Anderson MyID to access subscribed and open access publications, create your own bookshelf of favorite journals, and save to a variety of services.
- NCCN Guidelines
- Access the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Guidelines on your iPad or Android Tablet. NCCN offers treatment recommendations and their panels address cancer detection; risk assessment and reduction; and supportive care areas such as nausea and vomiting, distress management, cancer-related fatigue, and cancer pain management. You must be a registered user on NCCN.org before you download the NCCN app through the iTunes Store or Google Play.
- The Research Medical Library on Your Tablet
- This is a mobile website you can bookmark on any device to access current radiology eBooks and journals.
- To start using “UpToDate Anwhere,” access UpToDate through the Research Medical Library’s web site on a MD Anderson desktop computer, and register for an account. Then download the free UpToDate app from the appropriate app store for your device. Once installed, use your newly created username and password to access all content from UpToDate. Available on iOS , Android, or Windows 8 tablets.
Top Journals in Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Research
- Browse the current issue of Breast Cancer Research.
- Breast Cancer Research & Treatment
- Browse the current issue of Breast Cancer Research & Treatment.
- Clinical Breast Cancer
- Browse the current issue of Clinical Breast Cancer.
Other Available Journals
- List of Breast Cancer journals
- Browse breast cancer journals.