- Clinical Pharmacology
- Clinical Pharmacology is a drug compendium that includes biologics for cancer patients. Each drug has a peer-reviewed monograph that contains dosages, contraindications, administration, interactions, full color product and package images, and more. A unique feature of Clinical Pharmacology is the coverage of hard-to-find herbal, nutritional and OTC products. The Drug IDentifier will help you accurately identify unknown tablets and capsules.
- Drug Information Portal - NIH
- EMBASE - Ovid
- 1947 - present. Updated weekly. EMBASE, the Excerpta Medica database, is an international biomedical and pharmacological database that provides access to up-to-date information about medical and drug-related subjects. Comprehensive inclusion of drug-related information makes EMBASE particularly valuable when carrying out drug-related searches. EMBASE features comprehensive coverage of drug research, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Human Medicine (Clinical and Experimental), basic biological research, Health Policy and Management, Substance Dependence and Abuse, Psychiatry, Veterinary Science and Biomedical Engineering and Instrumentation.
- LexiComp is a collection of clinical drug databases which includes AHFS Essentials & AHFS DI, Lexi Drugs, Pediatric and Geriatric Lexi-Drugs and more. Also included is a clinical decision support toolbar complete with tools for drug interactions, identification, calculators and more.
- LexiComp through UpToDate
- LexiComp is available through UpToDate and includes information individual drugs, including a tool to assess the compatibility of any combination of prescription, OTC or herbal medications.
- Current edition. Search for summaries and detailed monographs for drugs, disease, alternative medicine, toxicological managements, reproductive risks, and emergency care.
- Natural Standard
- Full version. Natural Standard was founded by healthcare providers and researchers to provide high-quality, evidence-based information about complementary and alternative therapies. Grades reflect the level of available scientific data for or against the use of each therapy for a specific medical condition.
Top eBooks in Drugs & Pharmacology
- AHFS Drug Information
- Online version of the AHFS Drug Info.
- Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics
- The most universally read medical text in all of pharmacology, Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics represents the pinnacle of authority and accuracy in describing the actions and uses of therapeutic agents in relation to physiology and pathophysiology.
Other Available eBooks
- Drug Handbooks
- A list of online drug handbooks.
- Drug Guides
- A list of online drug guides.
Mobile Apps & Resources
- Use BrowZine to create a mobile bookshelf of your favorite journals to read and research on the go. Download the mobile app from the Apple App Store for your iPad, or visit Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for your Android tablet. Once installed, you can use your MD Anderson MyID to access subscribed and open access publications, create your own bookshelf of favorite journals, and save to a variety of services.
- DynaMed is a point-of-care reference tool designed to provide doctors and medical researchers with the best available evidence to support clinical decision-making. DynaMed provides clinically-organized summaries for nearly 2000 topics. Summaries are organized both alphabetically and by category. DynaMed is updated daily and monitors the content of over 500 medical journals directly and indirectly by using ten journal review services. Each publication is reviewed cover-to-cover, and each article is evaluated for clinical relevance and scientific validity using a rigorous 7-step protocol. First, register for Skyscape. Next, obtain a DynaMed serial number from the Research Medical Library. Download the Skyscape application from iTunes store and follow the directions to download DynaMed.
- Collection of medical databases clinicians can use at the point of care to access information on drugs, lab and diagnostic procedures, diseases and conditions, and patient education materials.Databases include Lexi-Drugs, Lexi-Interact, Harrison’s Practice, The 5-Minute Clinical Consult, Lexi-Lab & Diagnostic Procedures and Stedman’s Medical Dictionary.
- The Research Medical Library on Your Tablet
- This is a mobile website you can bookmark on any device to access current drug and pharmacology journals and resources.
- To start using “UpToDate Anwhere,” access UpToDate through the Research Medical Library’s web site on a MD Anderson desktop computer, and register for an account. Then download the free UpToDate app from the appropriate app store for your device. Once installed, use your newly created username and password to access all content from UpToDate. Available on iOS , Android, or Windows 8 tablets.
Top Journals in Drugs & Pharmacology
- Annual Review of Pharmcology & Toxicology
- Browse the current issue of Annual Review of Pharmacology & Toxicology.
- Nature Reviews: Drug Discovery
- Browse the current issue of Nature Reviews: Drug Discovery.
- List of Clinical Pharmacology Journals
- A list of online journals in clinical pharmacology.
- List of Drug Reviews Journals
- A list of drug reviews journals.