- Natural Standard
- Full version. Natural Standard was founded by healthcare providers and researchers to provide high-quality, evidence-based information about complementary and alternative therapies. Grades reflect the level of available scientific data for or against the use of each therapy for a specific medical condition.
- NCCN Supportive Care Guidelines
- The NCCN Guidelines® are a comprehensive set of guidelines detailing the sequential management decisions and interventions for the malignant cancers that affect 97 percent of all patients with cancer. In addition, separate guidelines relate to major prevention and screening topics and another set of pathways focuses on the major supportive care areas..
- PDQ Info Summaries: Supportive & Palliative Care
- PDQ includes information summaries for coping with cancer and supportive and palliative care. Both patient and health professional summaries are included.
1967 to present. Access through OVID. electronic bibliographic database providing abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. The database includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work. Updated weekly, PsycINFO® provides access to journal articles, books, chapters, and dissertations.
- 1946 – Present. PubMed comprises over 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. PubMed citations and abstracts include the fields of biomedicine and health, covering portions of the life sciences, behavioral sciences, chemical sciences, and bioengineering. PubMed also provides access to additional relevant web sites and links to the other NCBI molecular biology resources. Corresponds in part to the following print indexes: Index Medicus, Index to Dental Literature, and International Nursing.
- Pain Management
- A list of online books in Pain Management.
- Palliative Care
- A list of online books in Palliative care.
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- A list of online books in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Supportive Care
- A list of online books in Supportive Care.
Mobile Apps & Resources
- Use BrowZine to create a mobile bookshelf of your favorite journals to read and research on the go. Download the mobile app from the Apple App Store for your iPad, or visit Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for your Android tablet. Once installed, you can use your MD Anderson MyID to access subscribed and open access publications, create your own bookshelf of favorite journals, and save to a variety of services.
Access the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Guidelines on your iPhone. NCCN offers treatment recommendations and their panels address cancer detection; risk assessment and reduction; and supportive care areas such as nausea and vomiting, distress management, cancer-related fatigue, and cancer pain management. You must be a registered user on NCCN.org before you download the NCCN app through the iTunes Store.
- The Research Medical Library on Your Tablet
- This is a mobile website you can bookmark on any device to access current supportive care eBooks and journals.
- To start using “UpToDate Anwhere,” access UpToDate through the Research Medical Library’s web site on a MD Anderson desktop computer, and register for an account. Then download the free UpToDate app from the appropriate app store for your device. Once installed, use your newly created username and password to access all content from UpToDate. Available on iOS , Android, or Windows 8 tablets.
- List of Pain Medicine journals
- A list of journals in Pain Medicine
- List of Palliative Care journals
- A list of journals in Palliative Care.
- List of Physicial Medicine & Rehabilitation journals
- A list of journals in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- List of Supportive Care journals
- A list of journals in supportive care.