The " VPN Adaptive Authentication Remote Access" system provides remote, off campus, access to the Library's licensed research oriented resources such as databases and online journals.
This resource is available to faculty and staff affiliated with the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center. Use your MyID username and password to log into the system. (This is the same username and password you use to log into your workstation on campus).
Use this button to access the WebAccess VPN login screen.
Select "Research Medical Library" from the "Access" choices shown below.
Enter your "Username" and "Password" and click "Sign In".
The first time you login, you will receive numerous prompts to install software and components, this is normal. Accept these prompts and proceed.
Once you login, you will see a screen that includes a link for the "Research Medical Library". (See illustration below).
Click on the "Research Medical Library" link and you will be redirected to the Library's web site.
Please note: This system is supported by 4-INFO. For any questions you may have regarding the use of the VPN please contact 4-INFO at 713-794-4636. Common issues include:
- If you have successfully logged into the system but still can't access full text resources and databases.
- If you receive a message stating that your virus software or firewall failed the check.
- If you are on the Windows platform, make sure that you have all of the recent Windows security patches.
- Recommended web browsers.
- After (5) failed attempts to log in your account will be locked.
- Look for the yellow "Network Connect" icon in the lower right corner of your screen:
- Right click on the icon and a menu will appear. Select "Sign Out" from the menu:
- When the "Network Connect" icon dissapears try loging into the VPN again making sure that you select Standard for Library Users.
- Run your virus software update feature. If this does not resolve the probem go to step 2.
- Call 4-INFO (713-794-4636), and provide them with the name on your products and their version numbers. You'll be contacted when it is fixed. If you need immediate access, the Limited Secuire WebAccess System provides access to limited Web access without bookmarks.
- You can go to the following URL to download the latest updates: http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate.
- Call 4-INFO (713-794-4636) to have your account unlocked.
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal and Policy
- Legal Statements & Site Policies
- Stay Connected
- Emergency Alerts
- Emergency Alert Information