Past issues | Current issue | Subscribe | About
The Research Medical Library values your input and is asking all MD Anderson employees to take approximately 10 minutes to respond to the LibQUAL+ survey to better understand their users’ perceptions of library service.
Please take a few minutes to respond and be sure to enter any comments that you wish to share with the Research Medical Library staff. The survey ends on May 2, 2014.
Click here to take the survey.
- Add PDF’s to Your EndNote Library - Automatically download full-text PDF’s to your EndNote Library by setting up your EndNote preferences. View a screenshot and the step-by-step instructions here.
- Update Your References Before You Start Citing - EndNote references can be updated at any point with the “Find Reference Updates…” tool. Get step-by-step instructions here.
- Organize Your References with Custom Groups - Create groups in EndNote to file your references in folders. Find more information here.
- Keep Your Bibliography Neat with the “Edit and Manage Citations” Button - Do not use the backspace key when removing EndNote references from a Word document. Instead, use the “Edit and Manage Citations” button in Word. Learn more from our step-by-step instuctions or video.
- Beyond PubMed, Add More References to Your Library - If you can’t find a citation in PubMed, try downloading your citations from GoogleScholar to Endnote or learn how to cite a reference manually.
WEBINAR: Finding Faculty Publications
Wednesday, May 14, 11:30am – Noon
Keeping up to date with current publications is a challenge. This webinar will demonstrate how to search for a specific author, access the full-text article and set up author alerts for future publications.
WEBINAR: Managing Departmental Publications with EndNote
Wednesday, May 21 11:30am – Noon
In addition to inserting citations into manuscripts, EndNote can be used to keep track of departmental publications and produce quick reports by researcher or group. This webinar will explore how to organize departmental publications in an EndNote library and how to generate departmental bibliographies as needed.
Do you have ideas for future webinars? Contact April Aultman Becker: firstname.lastname@example.org; 713-792-2293.
Classes are held in the library classroom (FCT21.6008) unless otherwise noted. Find the latest class schedule, class descriptions, and links here.
Webinars are live online classes that can be viewed from your desktop. Check out our upcoming webinars and archived webinars.
If you have questions about classes, please contact the Library at RML-HELP@mdanderson.org or 713-792-2282.
For up-to-the-minute information about the Research Medical Library, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MDAndersonLib
NewsBytes is released the first day of each month.
For the web version and the archive of past articles click here.
To subscribe or remove yourself from this email alert service click here.
For comments or questions concerning NewsBytes, please contact Laurissa Gann at email@example.com or 713-794-4111.
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies