Past issues | Current issue | Subscribe | About
Beginning Thursday, November 4 @ 10:00 am, accessing online journals and library databases from home will be easier. Users will no longer be required to use the token. You will simply use your MyID login which is the same as what you use to log into your computer, myHR, and other institutional systems. This new system is called Adaptive Authentication.
The login screen will have a slightly different look:
Important information regarding access:
- The first time that a user logs into the system they will have to set up a series of “challenge questions.”
- Users will still need to select “Standard for Library Users” to access any library resources.
- Users will still be able to use their tokens for the next few weeks but they will need to click on the “Click here to use Token Authentication” button below the “Sign In” button. At some point very soon, token access will be phased out except for contract workers. At that time, instructions will be sent out to all employees regarding the return of tokens back to Information Security.
- Please note the various “WebAccess FAQs” that are listed on the left hand side of the login screen. These answer a lot of questions regarding access.
If you have questions regarding access, please contact 4INFO (713-794-4636 or email@example.com) for assistance. For questions regarding library resources, please contact the Research Medical Library Information Desk at 713-792-2282 or RML-Help@mdanderson.org.
The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) now provides all the images from PubMed Central in a searchable Images Database. The Images Database includes figures, pictures, and other graphical information published as supportive material to articles available in the full-text archive PubMed Central.
The Images Database is available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/images.
NCBI plans to include content from the Images Database within PubMed records. You will be able to view thumbnail versions of the images with the Abstract display.
For questions about PubMed or any of the NCBI databases, please contact the Research Medical Library Information Desk at 713-792-2282 or RML-Help@mdanderson.org.
For up-to-the-minute information about the Research Medical Library, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MDAndersonLib
NewsBytes is released the first day of each month.
For the web version and the archive of past articles click here.
To subscribe or remove yourself from this email alert service click here.
For comments or questions concerning NewsBytes, please contact Clara Fowler by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (713-745-1538).
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies