Past issues | Current issue | Subscribe | About
The Research Medical Library provides access to the Chemical Abstracts Service databases through SciFinder Scholar. Chemical Abstracts is one of the world's largest and most up-to-date collections of chemical information, with nearly 16 million abstracts of journal articles, patents, and more. Using SciFinder Scholar, you can access:
- More than 21 million single- and multi-step reactions
- More than 2 billion predicted and experimental properties
- The CAS REGISTRY"SM" database - the original source and final authority for CAS Registry Numbers - updated daily
- All patent records, meeting CAS selection criteria, from 9 of the major patent offices are available online within 2 days of the patents' issuance
- Sequences combined from CAS and GenBank databases, which are indexed and linked to scientific journal and patent literature
Starting in January 2010, SciFinder Scholar has a new interface. The previous client software will be replaced by a web-based interface. The new interface requires no software installation; however, you will be required to complete a one-time registration. To register for your personal SciFinder Scholar account, visit: http://www3.mdanderson.org/library/databases/scifinder.html
If you have questions about accessing the SciFinder Scholar database, please contact the Research Medical Library at RML-Help@mdanderson.org.
EndNote offers monthly live webinar classes free of charge. Webinar attendance is limited and reservations are required. For December, the following webinars may be on interest:
Working with Journal Names.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009 from 1:00-1:30. Register here: http://sn.im/teidu
For a complete list of EndNote webinars and tutorials, visit http://www.endnote.com/training/.
For up-to-the-minute information about the Research Medical Library, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MDAndersonLib
NewsBytes is released the first day of each month.
For the web version and the archive of past articles click here.
To subscribe or remove yourself from this email alert service click here.
For comments or questions concerning NewsBytes, please contact Clara Fowler by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (713-745-1538).
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal and Policy
- Legal Statements & Site Policies
- Stay Connected
- Emergency Alerts
- Emergency Alert Information