Past issues | Subscribe | About
1. PubMed + 150 More Databases - Beyond PubMed, the library has over 150 databases to search for the best available literature. Here are our top used databases:
- Scopus - Largest citation database of peer-reviewed literature including conference abstracts.
- Embase - Includes international journals and comprehensive drug indexing.
- CINAHL - Searches the major nursing journals.
- UpToDate - Get quick answers to clinical questions.
3. iThenticate - iThenticate is a tool that can be used to check your manuscripts and grant applications prior to submission to detect any potential problems with plagiarism before publication. You must have an account to use iThenticate. Email RML-Help@mdanderson.org with your name and department and we will contact you with the account information.
4. Journal Citation Reports - Impact Factors can help you to select a journal to submit your manuscript. Search for journals by title or subject area to see their relative ranking in the field. Authors can also use Web of Science to find the most prevalent journals in a particular subject area or field. Here's a quick video that demonstrates how to analyze journals by topic.
Check out our guide to Nursing Resources. This guide links you to the best databases, eBooks, journals and apps available for free from the Research Medical Library.
View the guide here.
August 26, 2015; 11:00am - 11:30am
Ready to turn your iPad into a medical research tool but uncertain about which apps to choose from? This webinar will introduce you to a number of useful apps for getting the medical information that you need. Free apps as well as apps freely available through the Research Medical Library’s subscriptions will be covered.
Classes are held in the library classroom (FCT21.6008) unless otherwise noted. Find the latest class schedule, class descriptions, and links here.
Webinars are live online classes that can be viewed from your desktop. Check out our upcoming webinars and archived webinars.
If you have questions about classes, please contact April Aultman Becker at email@example.com or 713-792-2293.
For up-to-the-minute information about the Research Medical Library, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MDAndersonLib
NewsBytes is released the first day of each month.
For the web version and the archive of past articles click here.
To subscribe or remove yourself from this email alert service click here.
For comments or questions concerning NewsBytes, please contact Clara Fowler by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (713-745-1538).
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies