Past issues | Subscribe | About
This month we are celebrating our partnership with MD Anderson Faculty, Clinicians, Researchers, and Students. Here is a quick overview of the academic productivity of MD Anderson employees in FY14:
- 1.6 million full-text articles were downloaded.
- 7,015 articles and books were received through the library’s free ILLiad service.
- eBooks were accessed 198,484 times online.
- 3,154 people attended the library’s free educational events.
- On average, 325 people visited the library each day.
- On average, 569 people used the library’s website each day.
- 488 literature searches were completed in FY14, saving MD Anderson authors 207 hours a month.
- 503,790 people searched an academic database. PubMed, UpToDate, Web of Science, and Scopus were the most used.
To celebrate our partnership with you, we invite you to join us every Wednesday in October for free treats!
Mindfulness and Meditation
Monday, Oct 23 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Emerging scientific evidence shows that nutrition, physical activities, sleep, maintaining social and spiritual support and managing your stress are important components of your overall health. The opportunity to discover ways of being with whatever arises in life with openness, centered and balanced is available every moment, to everyone. Dr. Khan Nguyen will discuss the knowledge and skills in coping with challenges that can be learned at any time to improve your physical and emotional health.
Halo Effect: Using Habits to Reach Your Goals
Monday, Oct 13 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Using strategies from The Power of Habit, this session will help faculty, staff, and students develop strategies for starting and keeping good habits. Attendees will leave the session having developed a habit plan that can be incorporated into their school, work or home life.
Questions about these classes? Contact April Aultman Becker at email@example.com; 713-792-2293
Classes are held in the library classroom (FCT21.6008) unless otherwise noted. Find the latest class schedule, class descriptions, and links here.
Webinars are live online classes that can be viewed from your desktop. Check out our upcoming webinars and archived webinars.
If you have questions about classes, please contact April Aultman Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-792-2293.
For up-to-the-minute information about the Research Medical Library, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MDAndersonLib
NewsBytes is released the first day of each month.
For the web version and the archive of past articles click here.
To subscribe or remove yourself from this email alert service click here.
For comments or questions concerning NewsBytes, please contact Clara Fowler by email (email@example.com) or phone (713-745-1538).
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Partners & Affiliates
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies