The Research Medical Library provides free access to the Chemical Abstracts Service chemical databases through SciFinder®. The SciFinder® system is a research discovery application that provides unlimited access to the world's most comprehensive and authoritative source of references (from both journals and patents), substances and reactions in chemistry and related sciences. A global network of scientists update content daily to ensure you have access to the most timely and accurate information available.
- Substances: access the world’s most trusted resource for substance information including chemical structures, chemical names, CAS Registry Numbers®, properties, commercial availability and regulatory information.
- Reactions: find dependable and current chemical reaction information from extensive databases including reaction schemes, experimental procedures, conditions, yields, solvents, catalysts, as well as commercial availability of substances with direct links to leading producer and supplier sites.
- References: get the information you need when you need it with an unrivaled collection of the world’s most up-to-date chemistry and related science information found in journals, patents, dissertations and more. SciFinder® is the only source that brings you information from early discovery through clinical trials with the combined coverage of CAplusSM and MEDLINE®.
For more information about the SciFinder® database click here.
How to Access the SciFinder DatabaseStep 1: Create an Account:
- You must be an employee of the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center with a valid MD Anderson email account. (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your SciFinder® session must originate from a University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center IP address. (i.e. on campus or via the institutional VPN System)
- Click here to create an account for SciFinder®