Please contact Laurissa Gann for more help at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Have you taken a class with us? Let us know what you think.
Library Informational Session (15-20 minutes)We are happy to present a short informational session on any of the following topics:
- Tools Provided by the Library: free databases and apps tailored to your research needs
- GrantScoop: a web-based resource for researchers who are seeking grant money
- Author Profiles: how to look up your own publications and their impact
- Altmetrics: learn how to track metrics based on the online activity surrounding your scholarly content
- Clinical Resources
These sessions may be ideal for showcase during a departmental or group meeting.
Full Class Sessions (45-60 minutes)
We are also happy to present a full class on any of the following topics:
- EndNote Basics Skills
- EndNote Advanced Skills
- PubMed Basics Skills
- Library Essentials for Administrative Assistants
- NIH Public Access Policy
PubMed for Advanced Searchers
This online class is for advanced PubMed users. We will learn how to answer clinical questions quickly with PubMed, and construct an advanced search strategy for a comprehensive literature review. We will also cover how to create a custom PubMed page to find the most relevant literature quickly and gain access to all of MD Anderson's full-text subscriptions.
EndNote X9 Basics
EndNote is a software tool that helps to store and manage your citations when writing a paper. Attend this class to learn how to: 1) Add references to EndNote. 2) Organize references in groups. 3) Insert and delete citations in Word. 4) Format your references with EndNote.