Navigating the Website
Need help finding something on the website? Here's what you can find in each section:
- Find Information: Get access to journals, eBooks, databases, clinical tools and apps, and textbooks on reserve.
- Classes: Register for upcoming classes or view class recordings on demand anytime, anywhere.
- Services: Get answers to your questions on literature, writing, publishing, and more.
- Historical Resources Center: The HRC collects and preserves documents related to MD Anderson’s history and heritage, including institution records, rare books, images, and the Making Cancer History© Voices Oral History Project.
- About: Information on the library and our staff. Find out how to get to the library and what our space has to offer.
Finding a book
To find a book, use our library search. On our homepage, you can find a search box to this feature a bit down the page, under "Search the Library".
- Click on the magnifying glass.
- A drop-down will appear: "Articles, Books, and More".
- Select Books from the drop-down.
- The drop-down will be set to books and a new drop-down will appear.
- From this drop-down select the option you prefer:
- All Books: searches for print and eBooks
- Print Books: searches only for books held by the library in print
- eBooks: searches only for books held by the library electronically
- Type in the your search terms in the search box - this can be a keyword, author, title, or many other options.
- Click on the magnifying glass again to begin your search.
Accessing an article the library doesn't own
The library can request copies of articles we don't own through our Interlibrary Loan service. This service is free to you. To request an article:
- Use our library search to find the article.
- Click on the article
- Click on Request Item via Interlibrary Loan
- Login to Interlibrary Loan with your MD Anderson username and password
- Your request form should already be filled out with your article's information
- Check that the information is correct, make any necessary changes, and click on submit request
- Library staff will process your request and you will receive an email when your article is available
Meeting with Library Staff
Due to the COVID-19 global public health emergency the library is temporarily closed. You can still meet with a librarian or editor online. Request an online consultation and library staff will contact you to set up a meeting.