- Interlibrary Loan
Ask an Expert
Ask an Expert
Ask an expert about access to resources, publishing, grants, and more.
MD Anderson faculty and staff can also request a one-on-one consultation with a librarian or scientific editor.
- Library Calendar
Off Campus Login
Log in to the Library's remote access system using your MyID account.
T his six-part course provides practical advice on writing a persuasive NIH K99/R00 grant application.
This six-part course provides practical advice on writing a persuasive NIH K99/R00 grant application.
Enroll in the course to begin. This course is self-paced. Learners can move through the modules one-by-one or skip to the relevant sections. You will only receive a certificate if you complete all six modules.
What you'll learn:
Candidate Section Part 1: Candidate's Background
- hooking the reviewers' interest
- sharing relevant personal experiences
- writing your scientific biography
Candidate Section Part 2: Career Goals and Objectives
- writing tips for career goals
- justifying awards
- separating from your mentor
- eliminating unnecessary words from your writing
Candidate Section Part 3: Plan for Career Development/Training Activities
- writing an introductory paragraph
- describing your mentorship team
- organizing and detailing your planned activities
- describing the timeline for transition to independence
Specific Aims Section
- the background and goals of research
- designing specific aims
- summarizing the candidate background, career goals, and training plan
- describing specific outcomes and impact
Research Strategy: Significance and Innovation Sections
- presenting background information
- presenting supporting studies and preliminary data
- conveying the impact of the research
Research Strategy: Approach Section
- organizing the information of each aim
- writing the rationale of each aim
- describing the experimental approach, expected outcomes, and alternative strategies